Logistics Supervisor (Part Time)
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
What makes DHL great? Our People! Enjoy the flexibility, innovation and fun we encourage and promote in our work environment. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive salaries, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives. In fact, Business Week just named DHL "one of the best companies to launch a career.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL currently has a career opportunity available for a Part Time Logistics Supervisor at our Charlotte, NC Service Center. The Logistics Supervisor provides operational management and support at various service center locations to ensure efficient and timely pick-up and delivery handling of customer materials and shipments. Also ensures compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective Service Center operations regarding pick-up and delivery personnel and service
- Ensures all material is picked up and delivered from/to all area accounts in accordance with DHL guidelines, customer expectations and government regulations
- Ensures safe, efficient and timely handling and transportation of all customer materials
- Develops operations plans and budgets based on goals and objectives
- Works with sales management to promote sales growth by advising on customer activities and achieving specific customer call targets
- May manage, coach, and train sales representatives in smaller locations
- May ensure compliance with import/export regulations, duties, and tariffs in some markets
- Supervises two or more staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff
-Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in function or business area
- An advanced understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control, and progressive techniques in area of specialization
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action
- Typically requires BS/BA and 2-4 years of related field, or equivalent
- Professional certification required in some areas
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
If you do not have a resume readily available, please visit: http://dhl-resumebuilder.com
This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
To be considered for this position, please apply to the website below:
DHL Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer.