1200598 — Manager Reporting & Analytics
The mission of the Medical Informatics Division (MI) is to support all BCBST business units by conducting research, developing tools and processes that improve the outcomes, quality, access to, cost and utilization of health care. MI achieves this mission through analysis and health services and other types of research designed to (1) improve clinical practice, (2) improve BCBST's ability to provide access to and deliver high quality, high-value health care, and (3) provide policy makers with the ability to assess the impact of system changes on outcomes, quality, access, cost, and use of health care resources. The candidate chosen for this position will serve to support the mission of the MI division.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will provide analytic and reporting support to BCBST internal business partners with emphasis on the Commercial line of business.
The incumbent will work closely with senior management and business unit staff to support Commercial and other lines of business through the following major activities:
· Quality and Outcomes Improvement, Management and Research Initiatives
· Research Studies
· Statistical Analyses
· Report and Tool Development
1. Ensure compliance regarding regulatory reporting and external review agencies for above-mentioned activities and programs. (e.g. NCQA, URAC, EQRO, CMS etc.)
2. Use prior experience in the development and maintenance of reporting tools and applications to continuously improve the operating efficiency of the MI staff in order to meet the needs of highly demanding lines of business.
3. Keep up with the latest research and development in these areas and apply it appropriately. Substantial scientific innovation is required to expand and evaluate the above-mentioned activities.
4. Be responsible for coordinating reports, analyses, and recommendations for above-mentioned activities and programs with other departments, divisions, and external entities.
5. Develop tools for use in business processes and serve as a consultant on analysis, research, and statistical matters with internal customers.
6. Present reports/analyses/research internally to appropriate professional forums.
7. Serve on related committees and workgroups.
8. Manage, mentor, and lead teams of analysts/researchers as well as encourage collaboration among various BCBST teams.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Advanced degree is highly preferred
- 10+ years of data analyses and reporting experience and 2 or more year's exposure to Commercial Health Insurance Products
- 3 or more years experience serving as the direct supervisor of professional-level analytical staff is required.
- Solid experience in the application of modern statistical design and analysis techniques to health-related data; have familiarity with SAS, including data extraction, data preparation and working with large databases
Skills / Certifications
- Knowledge of MS Office products, expert-level proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical concepts/coding and familiarity with regulatory guidelines and requirements is essential
- Must have proven problem solving ability and experience in managing multiple assignments with critical deadlines
- Demonstrated oral and written skills as well as teamwork and leadership qualities
Apply via our Career Center http://www.bcbst.com/about/careers/