0954 - Deputy Director IV
The City and County of San Francisco, Department of Public Works, is recruiting for the position of Deputy Director, City Architect/Landscape Architect (DDA). The Department is seeking an outstanding individual to provide leadership, direction, and management for the Building Design and Construction Division (BDC), which is comprised of Building Design and Construction, Project Management, and Project Controls and Services. The DDA serves as a member of the 24/7 emergency response team for the department as a member of the command or general staff in the Department’s Emergency Operations Center (DOC). The DDA reports to the Director of Public Works of approximately 1200 total temporary and permanent employees, and an operating budget of $178 million and annual basis capital project budget of more than $250 million.
The Deputy Director, City Architect/Landscape Architect, is responsible for large and varied projects with multi-year budgets valued over $2.5 billion. The DDA leads a complex technical organization, with a staff of approximately 170 employees that includes architects, landscape architects, project managers, construction managers, cost estimators, schedulers, and contract administrators. This senior public works executive has oversight of policies and procedures, personnel, financial administration, and program activities for the division, including preparing division to meet its emergency response responsibilities. This is an exciting, stable opportunity with a variety of multi-year, multi-million dollar projects for an experienced candidate. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and will provide innovative and dynamic approaches to the delivery of capital projects and programs that enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors of the world-class city.
Ten (10) years of related senior-level architecture/landscape architecture experience as a licensed professional in project planning and management involving major capital projects including at least six (6) years of supervisory/management experience; AND
Possession of a current professional Architect/Landscape Architect license to practice in the State of California.
- Proven track record of delivering major complex capital projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated strong managerial skills to lead and motivate a dynamic and diverse professional workforce
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse group of staff, policymakers and public officials, both internal and external to the department
- Possession of a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or related field
- Completion of National Incident Management system (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) training as outline by the Department of Homeland Security-Federal Emergency Management Agency, the California State Emergency Management Agency, and the CCSF Department of Emergency Management
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates who want to be considered should submit an online application, resume and letter of interest.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process only. Visit: http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
· Click and select 0954 (PEX-0954-059015).
· Click on “I am a New User” if not previously registered, or on “I have Registered Previously”.
· Follow the instructions given on the screen.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Angie Ignao at (415) 554-6107 or via email: Angie.Ignao@sfdpw.org