Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor
Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor position available at our Grand Forks Plant in Grand Forks, ND.
The Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor is accountable for directing, managing, developing, organizing and validating the policies, procedures, practices, processes and results of the facility's sanitation and pest control programs. This supervisor is directly responsible for the coordination, training, and supervision of the plant staff engaged in activities and duties associated with the sanitation program.
This position works closely with various departments within the facility to support the overall efficiencies of the sanitation program. This supervisor must have an ongoing awareness and understanding of all applicable changes to sanitation, safety, and environmental standards driven by company, industry, customer, auditing organizations or regulatory impacts.
The incumbent will be required to potentially work weekends, off shifts, and some holidays, and must be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.
· Develop, direct, organize, and administer the policies, procedures, processes and results of effective sanitation, pest control, and housekeeping programs that include all production lines and associated buildings and grounds. Coordinate and supervise activities of all staff engaged in the duties of the sanitation processes. Verify plant, equipment and grounds sanitary status and program effectiveness by auditing cleaning techniques and frequencies and by using all other provided tools and technology to evaluate the program on an on-going basis.
· Provide for the ongoing training of plant employees in proper sanitation techniques and the safe and effective use of cleaning chemicals utilizing all effective training tools, to include the use of the local and corporate representatives of our cleaning supplies.
· Provide for all required sanitation and pest control program development and documentation to meet all third-party audit criteria and have full knowledge of the audit related sanitation standards required by each auditing body and effectively present the program to the visiting auditing body.
· Regularly monitor all microbiological environmental and product testing results as a means to validate the sanitation programs effectiveness. Investigate and respond in a timely manner to environmental and product test results that indicate a need for such action. Utilize all available support functions to quickly and effectively resolve opportunities for improvement.
· Continually evaluate the status of sanitation related cleaning tools/equipment to insure their sufficient supply, placement and functionality. Make recommendations, for budgeting purposes, to plant management on future equipment needs that are designed to constantly improve the plant sanitary status.
· A Bachelor's degree and two + years of related experience and/or training is required.
· Must have experience and/or with sanitation and pest control programs in a manufacturing environment, preferably food processing.
· A good understanding of all pertinent HAZCOM and OSHA requirements is required.
· Must have supervisory experience.
Grand Forks has the amenities offered in larger urban areas, but in the safety and convenience of a small community. Its highlights include diverse educational opportunities, a low crime rate, and a cost of living considerably lower than that found in large cities. Grand Forks is a city built on education, sports, family, agriculture and the outdoors!
Pay Grade: 41
How to Apply
· Click on Search Jobs & Apply
· Click on All open positions
· Apply to Job ID # 636: Manufacturing Sanitation Supervisor (Food Group – Grand Forks, ND)
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*